Nestled against the captivating backdrop of Vancouver, the University of British Columbia (UBC) has carved its niche as a globally renowned institution celebrated for its academic prowess and dedication to cultivating an inclusive community. Set against the backdrop of this vibrant city, UBC offers an array of programs spanning diverse disciplines, fostering a dynamic learning environment that sparks intellectual curiosity and fuels innovation.
At UBC, students immerse themselves in a lively campus life enriched by a plethora of extracurricular activities, cultural events, and a supportive network of dedicated faculty and staff. Emphasizing experiential learning, the university equips students with practical skills and real-world experiences, be it through internships, co-op programs, or community engagement initiatives. UBC empowers students to apply their knowledge meaningfully, preparing them for success in their future careers.
Distinguished by its commitment to sustainability and environmental stewardship, UBC showcases its dedication through various initiatives and eco-friendly campus practices. The university encourages a forward-thinking mindset, urging students to think critically, embrace innovation, and emerge as global citizens ready to tackle the intricate challenges of the contemporary world. With its breathtaking surroundings, unwavering commitment to academic excellence, and holistic approach to student development, the University of British Columbia stands as a distinctive beacon of higher education on the global stage.
University of british columbia scholarship Description:
- Host University: University of British Columbia ;
- Host Country : Canada ;
- Study Level: Undergraduate Level ;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding ;
- Scholarship Worth: Check the details below;
- Eligible Countries: International Students ;
- Subjects Available: All Subjects ;
- Application Deadline: January 15th, 2024.
The University of British Columbia (UBC) proudly introduces the International Scholars Program, an exclusive initiative that encompasses the International Major Entrance Scholarship (IMES) designed to recognize and support exceptionally accomplished international students. Meticulously crafted for individuals with outstanding academic achievements and a demonstrated dedication to extracurricular pursuits, global impact, and community service, the IMES stands as a manifestation of UBC’s unwavering commitment to nurturing individuals with diverse talents and a well-rounded worldview.
Tailored to the unique accomplishments of each recipient, the scholarship serves as a gateway to the International Scholars Program, where students are seamlessly integrated into a supportive community. Throughout their academic journey at UBC, scholars benefit from a plethora of opportunities, personalized guidance, and a network of advisors committed to their success. The scholarship amount, contingent upon individual achievements, is awarded to students as they commence their first year at UBC.
University of british columbia scholarship Benefits:
- Financial Empowerment: IMES awardees are granted a significant financial package disbursed at the commencement of their first year at UBC. This renewable scholarship provides sustained financial support throughout their undergraduate studies, spanning up to three additional years.
- Diverse Academic Opportunities: Beyond the conventional classroom setting, IMES recipients partake in a diverse array of opportunities, including co-op experiences, engagement in undergraduate research, participation in clubs, and involvement in study abroad programs. These experiences enrich their academic pursuits and contribute to the dynamic atmosphere of the university.
- Personalized Guidance: Scholars in the International Scholars Program, including IMES recipients, benefit from dedicated advisors offering steadfast support throughout their academic journey at UBC. This personalized guidance extends to a network of professionals across UBC’s faculties and services, championing the holistic development of scholars.
- Community Integration: IMES awardees seamlessly integrate into a community of proactive and supportive young leaders, contributing diverse perspectives, dedicated participation, and innovative initiatives to both UBC and the global community. This community acts as a hub for networking, continuous learning, and personal growth.
- Recognition and Global Esteem: Attaining the IMES is not merely a reflection of academic prowess and extracurricular engagement; it is a recognition of the recipient’s potential to effect global change. This affiliation brings them into a vast alumni network, positioning them among the brightest minds at UBC and acknowledging their capacity to make a significant impact on the world stage.
To be considered for the esteemed International Major Entrance Scholarship (IMES) at the University of British Columbia, candidates must meet the following distinctive criteria, ensuring a tailored and comprehensive selection process:
- New UBC Entrants: Eligible candidates must embark on their UBC journey directly from secondary school, signifying a commitment to fostering the growth and development of students transitioning from their secondary education to the university environment.
- International Student Status: Aspiring recipients should hold the esteemed status of international students and possess the intention to pursue their academic endeavors at UBC with a valid Canadian study permit (student visa). This criterion reflects the university’s dedication to nurturing a diverse global community.
- Excellence in Academics and Intellectual Promise: Candidates vying for the IMES must demonstrate not only exceptional academic achievements but also intellectual promise. The evaluation process emphasizes a holistic approach, taking into account the candidate’s involvement in extracurricular activities and meaningful engagement within their communities.
- Exclusion from Need-and-Merit-Based International Scholars Award Nomination: Applicants are ineligible if nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars Award, underscoring the distinct consideration process for the IMES.
- Initiate UBC Admission Application: Aspiring IMES applicants should kickstart their pursuit by initiating the application process for admission to UBC. It is crucial to complete this step before the January 15 deadline, laying the foundation for consideration for both admission and the prestigious IMES.
- Fulfill Comprehensive Eligibility Criteria: Successful candidates must satisfy a comprehensive set of eligibility criteria for the IMES. This includes being a new international student transitioning directly from secondary school.
- Automatic Evaluation System: Applicants meeting the stringent eligibility standards will undergo an automatic evaluation for the IMES shortly after receiving an offer of admission to UBC. This streamlined process ensures that qualified candidates are seamlessly considered for the scholarship, emphasizing efficiency in the selection process.
- Transparent Notification Process: Awardees will receive clear and timely notifications via email once they have been selected for the IMES.
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://you.ubc.ca/financial-planning/scholarships-awards-international-students/#:~:text=International%20Major%20Entrance%20Scholarship&text=Students%20receive%20their%20IMES%20when,vary%2C%20depending%20on%20available%20funding