Founded in 1876 and located in Eugene, Oregon, USA, the University of Oregon is a public research university that offers more than 300 academic programs through nine schools and colleges. The University is classified as a very research-intensive university according to the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
The University of Oregon scholars have the ability to learn, work, play, explore, debate and interact with people from around the world. The institution works hard to create engaging educational experiences for students both inside and outside the classroom.
There is a dual enrollment option for students who wish to take courses at both the University of Oregon and a local community college. While at the university, students can boost their resumes through the Professional Honors Program, which includes additional academic concentrations, internships and career workshops.
- Host University: University of Oregon;
- Host Country: USA;
- Study Level: Graduate and Undergraduate Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 60,000$;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects: All Subjects;
- Application Deadline: January 15th, 2022.
The Excellence Scholarship Award is available for International Students in all fields to have the opportunity to pursue their Graduate and Undergraduate studies at the University of Oregon, USA.
The scholarship supports up to $60,000 over four years; a maximum of $15,000 annually is awarded to each applicant.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, successful candidates are required to be registered at the University of Oregon during the fall semester of their first year and must register for 12 UO courses in each semester to be awarded the award.
To take advantage of this chance, students must register for bachelor’s or master’s courses at the university through the Common Application, the Coalition Application or the Oregon Application.
The following documents can be required by the university:
- The student’s statement of application,
- The student’s capacity for academic excellence,
- The student must describe how their cultural experiences, background, and personal interests, affiliations, and aspirations will motivate them to excel at the University of Oregon, increase their academic and cultural commitment to global challenges,
- Transcripts from the University of Oregon or most recent academic institution,
- Two letters of recommendation to send to the following email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In order to be a successful competitor for entrance to the University of Oregon, it is necessary to have a minimum of a B average or a 3.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale.
Conditions of Language:
If English is not the student’s first language, he or she must submit the results of a standardized language test.